Friday, June 26, 2009

For The Love of Music



Buffy Sainte-Marie is credited with saying, "Music has been my playmate, my lover, and my crying towel" -- and it's like she took the words right out of my mouth.

How many times have I listened to a song -- over and over -- just because it was fun and made me feel good and made me want to move and play and dance around like a crazy person?

How many times have I listened to a song -- over and over -- just because it was passionate and stirred up emotions that I didn't even know I could feel?

How many times have I listened to a song -- over and over -- just because it gave voice to emotional depths too achingly intense to even label?

How many times have I done that?

How many times have you?

How many times?

Too many to count -- and yet not enough to quench that thirst to hear it just one more time.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com