I can't express how much I love this song by Coldplay from their X & Y album. Whenever it comes on my iPod, it will be at least 30 minutes before I hear any other song because I make this one play over and over and over.
I don't even know where to begin with this one. Each word of the lyrics strikes to my very core because -- at some point -- I've been there.
We've all been there.
We've all tried our best and not succeeded. We've all gotten what we wanted but not what we needed. We've all felt so tired but couldn't sleep. We've all felt like we're stuck in reverse. We've all felt the warmth of tears stream down our face because we've all lost something -- a person, an opportunity, a feeling -- that cannot be replaced.
And what could be worse than the hollow ache left behind? And, during those times, who doesn't want to be led home, to feel ignited again, to be fixed?
I like the tempo change of this song, too. Slow and melancholy as we bear the weight of our confusion and loss -- then fast and intense as we often become frantic in our attempts to fix...or be fixed -- and then slow again as we've obtained peace...with ourselves, with the person, with the situation, with everything....whether it's fixed or not.
"I will try to fix you."
What a promise.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Fix You
Posted by Marianna at 8:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment